Valentine Card - Anniversary Card - Whimsy Stamps

Hi and welcome to my blog!  I hope that I will be able to inspire you to get your craft supplies out and make a card.  If you just have to have (wink, wink) the items I use on this card there are links listed at the bottom of this post.

The products I used on this card are from Whimsy Stamps.  This Valentine - Anniversary card is what I'm giving my husband for our Anniversary on the 12th of this month.



The first thing I did when making this card was cut a piece of Copic safe card stock at 4 x 5 1/4.  I then added my stamp from the Always & Forever Clear Stamp Set of the couple.  While you have your stamp platform out cut a piece of masking paper the size of your image and stamp on it.  You will be fussy cutting your masking tape then putting it aside.

Now color your image.  I have listed the Copic combinations I used for this image below.

Skin - E00 E04 E11 E21

Red - G96 R59 R39 R35

Black - 100 N7 N4

Silver - T5 T3 T1 or you can use C5 C3 C1

Brown Hair - E49 E47 E44 E42

Brown Sweater - W6 E44 Y28 E55 E44 E53 E50

White - C3 C1 C00

Girl's Hair - E99 YR24 YR23 YR20

Umbrella - Y38 B99 B97 B05 B01

Jeans - B99 B97 B95 B91

Now you will lay your masking paper over your colored image.  I used the Speckled heart Stencil and Whimsy's large Blending Brush for my background.  Lay your mat piece on a flat surface or I used Ranger Ink - Wendy Vecchi - Make Art - Stay-tion to hold my stencil down securely.  Using Barn Door Distress ink pick up some ink with your blending brush and with circular motions add your color.

Remove your masking paper and reveal your colored image.  I love that part!  Cut a piece of red card stock at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 to mat under your completed piece.  Glue them together.  

To make the card base take a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of 110 lb card stock and on the 11 inch side cut at 5 1/2 inches.  This will give you two A2 card bases.

Adhere your mat to your card base and your card is complete!

Well I hope I've inspired you to pull out your supplies and make this fun card.  If you don't have the products I used and would like them I've listed them below with links to the Whimsy Stamps store.

Well that's it for me!

You can find me on

Facebook at Dawn G Designs

Instagram at DawnGDesigns

Pintrest at Dawn G Designs

Here is the Link to the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration page on Facebook.  

If you like, go and join so you can get tons of inspiration using Whimsy Stamps and Die's

Here is the link to the Whimsy Stamps Store.

Happy Crafting!


Always and Forever Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps


Speckled Heart Stencil - Whimsy Stamps



**NEW Whimsy Blending Brushes - LARGE - Whimsy Stamps

Comments