Monster Cuties Mini Slimline Die - Whimsy Stamps - Quirky Friendship Card

Hi and welcome to my blog!  I'm so glad you stopped by!  My goal is to inspire you to pull out your supplies and make a card.

Today I will be using Whimsy Stamps products.  This particular set called Monster Cuties is so adorable and I love the sentiment that comes with it.  This is a perfect card for that quirky friend, yes the one that just popped into your mind.

Here is the card and some instructions below on how to recreate it.



I've listed the Copic combinations I used below.

Green Monster - V22 YG05 YG03 YG01

Purple - Y28 V09 V17 V15

Orange - G24 E19 YR04 Y38 Y35

Grass - YG67 YG17 YG03

Purple Flower - V09 V17 V15

Yellow Flower - BV0000 Y17 Y15 Y13

Orange Flower BV00 Y38 Y35 Y25 - Center E19

Leaves - YG05

The first thing I do when I have a card with images that I'm going to color is stamp out my images and get them colored.  I always color them before I die cut them.

I used the Grass and Cloud Edger Die to cut my grass.  I then used flicks and dots to give the grass texture.  I also put a section behind the lower section on the right to give it some fullness.

I made this a mini slimline card so I could get three monsters on it.

I used the Gulliver's Garden Slimline Paper Pack for the background.  I cut the patterned paper at 5 3/4 x 3 1/8.

The orange mat piece is 3 3/8 x 5 7/8

To make the card base you will need to cut an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of 110 lb card stock at 7 x 6.  Then on the 7 inch side score at 3 1/2 and that will give you your card base of 6 x 3 1/2.

If you need an envelope for this card Whimsy Stamps also has a Mini Envelope Slimline Die.  I will link it below.

Well, I hope I've inspired you to pull out your supplies and make this fun card.  If you don't have the products I used and would like them I've listed them below with links to the Whimsy Stamps store.

That's it for me!

You can find me on

Facebook at Dawn G Designs

Instagram at DawnGDesigns

Pintrest at Dawn G Designs

Here is the Link to the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration page on Facebook.  

If you like, go and join so you can get tons of inspiration using Whimsy Stamps and Die's
here is the link to the Whimsy Stamps Store.

Happy Crafting!

Dawn


**NEW Monster Cuties Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps




Slimline Paper Pack - Gulliver's Garden - Whimsy Stamps

Comments