Slimline Christmas Card - Decorate A Tree Whimsy Stamps

Hello Everyone and welcome to my blog!  I hope you find some inspiration here.  I love making cards and I like to share hints and tricks with you to use on your own cards.

Today I'm showcasing Whimsy's Stamps and Dies.  For this slimline card I made a Christmas tree on a snowy hill.

Below I will give you some instructions on how to recreate this card.




The first thing I did was, using the Decorate A Tree Die Set, I cut out each piece of the die set using the 6x6 Paper Pad Christmas Eve.  Now I realize this is an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch card and the Blissful Blues 6 x 6 paper won't be long enough.  Well that is why I made some snow drifts with the Stitched Border Die Trio.

For the snow drifts I used heavy weight card stock.  When I adhered the snow drifts I alternated the hills giving it a snow blown look.

When adhering the tree pieces I glued the point down and used dimensional tape on the bottom to give the tree dimension.  

I used another piece of patterned paper from the Christmas Eve 6 x 6 paper pack to die cut the bows.

I used a mylar piece of card stock for the ornaments and a piece of silver card stock for the garland.  I also used a piece of silver card stock for the star.

Using some clouds from the Slimline Clouds Die I added a few clouds to give the sky some more interest.  I also added the sentiment and Santa and his sleigh using the Magical Winter stamp set.

Well I hope I've inspired you to pull out your dies and make this fun slimline card.  I have the products listed with links to the Whimsy Stamps store I used listed below.

Well that's it for me!

You can find me on

Facebook at Dawn G Designs

Instagram at DawnGDesigns

Pintrest at Dawn G Designs

Here is the Link to the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration page on Facebook.  If you like, go and join so you can get tons of inspiration using Whimsy Stamps and Die's

Here is the link to the Whimsy Stamps Store.

Happy Crafting!

Dawn

Decorate A Tree Die Set

*NEW Decorate a Tree Die Set - Whimsy Stamps

Stitched Border Die Trio


Stitched Border Die Trio - Whimsy Stamps

Slimline Clouds Die Set


Slimline Clouds Die Set - Whimsy Stamps


Christmas Eve 6 x 6 Paper Pack

6x6 Paper Pack - Christmas Eve - Whimsy Stamps


Blissful Blues 6 x 6 Paper Pack

**NEW 6x6 Paper Pack - Blissful Blues - Whimsy Stamps


Comments