Scarecrow Halloween Card - Rubbernecker Stamps

Hello Everyone!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!  I hope you get some inspiration and pick up some new techniques.

Making this card was so much fun!  I love scene cards and when you can do the whole thing with dies that's even better!

Below you will find detailed instructions on how I made this card.



To start, use the the Scarecrow die to cut out all the colors you want to use to put him together. As I’ve said before, I like to put all my elements on a plain white sheet of paper so I can keep track of them and watch the color combinations emerge. I’ve got extras on here because I wanted to see what struck me as I put things together. Always save your extras with the dies so you have them handy for another project.


I used a very fine point pen to darken the mouth on the pumpkin head to give it some dimension.



Put your scarecrow together.


Using shimmer card stock cut out the moon and one cloud.  You will also want to cut out two darker clouds to add behind the shimmer cloud.  The reason you want to add the shimmer cloud is so the witch stands out when you adhere her.




For the ground I used the Slimline Hills Die.  Now it's time to lay out all of your die cuts to see how you want them.  Make sure you take a picture so you don't forget where everything goes!


When I was finished playing with my layout I realized the sky looked flat. So I added some white flicks of white paint or you can use Distress Spray.  This gave the sky some more interest.  The sky piece of paper is cut at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.


Much better!  Now I needed something for the bottom of the card as it looked too plain.



So I used the Pumpkins and Ivy Die to add some interest to the bottom of the card.


Now all you have to do is adhere all of your elements onto your card and your almost done.  Don't forget to mat your elements base with coordinating card stock


This card is a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card. Since I didn't add a sentiment on the front I decorated the inside of the card.

Listed below you will find links to the products I used to make this card.


 Gemini Jr. Die Cutting Machine

Scrapbook.com - Fine-Tip - Ergonomic Reverse Grip - Craft Tweezers - Gray

Fiskars - SureCut Deluxe Paper Trimmer - 12 Inch


American Crafts - Sticky Thumb Collection - Adhesives - Double Sided Foam - White - 0.25 Inch x 3.94 Yards x 2mm

I used VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink for my sentiment only.  I always hit it with my heat gun for a second to make sure it's dry.

Tsukineko - VersFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink


Below are links to my Social Media pages and links to Rubbernecker Stamps Facebook page and shop.

I'm on:

Facebook at Dawn G Designs

Instagram at DawnGDesigns

Pintrest at Dawn G Designs

Here is the Link to the Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group page on Facebook.

Here is the link to the Rubbernecker Stamps Store.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope to catch you on my next post!

Crafty Hugs,

Dawn

Comments