Halloween Card - Whimsy Stamps Drippy Frame

Hello Everyone!!!  Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I'm so happy you're here!  Below you will find everything you need to make this card!

I had a lot of fun with all of the different dies and paper I used to make this card.  It was easy to create the illusion that you're looking thru a portal and the figures are coming out from behind the frame.

I die cut out the drippy frame and using the inside piece I distressed it with Faded Jeans and Mermaid Lagoon.  I started in the center with Mermaid Lagoon and used a circular pattern then I added the Faded Jeans to darken the edges.  Using the Halloween Creatures Stencil I laid it on the top half and used Black Soot to fill it in.

I used Everyday Scripted Sentiments Stamps and Happy Sayings Sentiment stamps to stamp my sentiment.  I stamped it in purple so it would stand out from the black soot I used for the bats.

For the drippy part I used Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and peeled Paint going darkest to lightest from the outside in.

For the moon I used Twisted Citron and went over it with Hickory Smoke so it wasn't too bright.

I die cut the Monster Parade dies twice, once in grey and once in black.  This helps give them dimension and also helps them stand out.

For the moon die I used Howling Night Die Set and for the bats I used Build-a-Graveyard. 

For the mat piece I used the 6x6 Haunted Graveyards paper pack.

I've used stencils, stamps and dies for this card and they are all available at Whimsy Stamps.  I have pictures for reference and links to the products listed below.

I hope I have inspired you to make this card or some version of your own imagination.




I've listed below the products I used to assemble this fun card!  Some of my links are affiliated. 

                            Drippy Frame Die 

**NEW Drippy Frame Die - Whimsy Stamps


Monster Parade Die Set

Monster Parade Die Set - Whimsy Stamps


Halloween Creatures Stencil

Halloween Creatures Stencil - Whimsy Stamps


Howling Night Die Set

**NEW Howling Night Die Set - Whimsy Stamps


6x6 Paper Pack - Haunted Graveyards


Build-A-Graveyard Die Set

Build-a-Graveyard Die Set - Whimsy Stamps


Everyday Scripted Sentiments

Everyday Scripted Sentiments Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps


Happy Sayings Clear Stamps

Happy Sayings Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps


Blending Brush - Large

**NEW Whimsy Blending Brushes - LARGE - Whimsy Stamps


If you already have the colors listed below in Oxides then you can use them.  I find that you can mix and match between the Oxides and Distress Inks with no problem.

Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide

Twisted Citron Distress Oxide

Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxides Ink Pads - Twisted Citron


Peeled Paint Distress Ink

Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - Peeled Paint


Faded Jeans Distress Ink

Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Faded Jeans


Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink

Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Mermaid Lagoon

Black Soot Distress Ink

Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Black Soot

Comments