Vitamin Sea Stamp and Die Set - Rubbernecker Stamps - Live a Life of Endless Wonder Card

Hello Everyone!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!  I hope you get some inspiration and pick up some new techniques.

This month for the Rubbernecker blog the theme is Summer. So I decided to use the Vitamin Sea stamp and die set.

 This card was a lot of fun to design, color and put together and I hope you have just as much fun.   Below you will find detailed instructions.




  • First thing I did was stamp my images with my stamp press on Copic safe paper.  I use Copic X-Press It paper.
  • Quick tip is when you use your stamp press you can stamp it three times to get a crisp stamp line.
  • This is the Copic combinations I used - Whale - T8 T6 T4 T2 T0.  For the cheeks I used - R20 R30.


  • I then went over the dark grey with Copic marker BG01 and the light grey with Copic marker BG00.



  • Stamp out your sea shells with your stamp press.
  • I used the following Copic markers to color the shells:  Yellow - BV31 Y38 Y15 Y02 - Purple - YG95 RV29 RV19 RV66.


  • I then die cut with the Seaweed/Coral Die with my Gemini Jr.


  • This is the Copic combinations I used to color the Seaweed and Coral.
  • Coloring your die cuts makes a huge difference on your cards.
  • Orange - W5 E09 E08 YR16
  • Purple - YG95 RV29 RV19 RV66
  • Green - YG67 YG17 YG03
  • Yellow - BV31 Y38 Y15 Y02


  • Cut a piece of white card stock at 4 x 5 1/4.
  • Then take your Wavy Stencil and lay it on top.
  • I find the best way to use stencils is with my Make Art Station because the magnets hold it tight so that it doesn't move.
  • Start with Color Fuse Sonata and lightly add color until your happy with the way it looks.
  • Remember to leave room for your sandy bottom.


  • Then take your Color Fuse Sierra and go over top of the Sonato lightly until your happy with the color.
  • Using two different colors gives you so much more depth than one color.  
  • Using one color will sometimes look flat.


  • Now lift up your stencil and you can clean and put it away.
  • It's time to add the sandy bottom.
  • Using your lightest color, Mocha add the ink with your brush until you are happy with the depth of color.

  • Now it's time to add your darker color, Carmel, to your sandy bottom.
  • Blend it on until your happy with the color.

  • To add some interest to the sand I add E55 and E53 with the chisel end of the marker, in groups in different spots.

  • Stamp out your sentiment and mat it with white card stock.
  • Now it's time to start playing with your die cuts to see where you want to place them on the final card.
  • Remember to take a picture so you don't forget where you have everything laid out.
  • All that's left is to adhere them to you card.

  • I went ahead and matted the image base.
  • Cut a piece of coordinating card stock at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
  • Your card base will be white and I suggest you use 110 lb card stock for this.
  • You will cut a 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of 110 lb card stock on the 11 inch side at 5 1/2.  This will give you two 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card bases.
  • Then take your card base and place it on the 5 1/2 side of your score board and score at 4 1/4.
  • Then burnish your card and you will have your card base.

I had a lot of fun putting this card together and I hope you do too!  Below you will find links to all of the products I used to make this card.


Below are links to the products that I used to make this card.



 
Alternate Image Thumb Number 1


Alternate Image Thumb Number 1

110LB Card Stock Neena Solar White

Scrapbook.com - Cardstock - 8.5x11 - Neenah Solar White - Ultra Thick - 50 Pack


Gemini Jr Cutting Machine

I order all of my Copic's and Refills from 


Violeta Ink donates a portion of every purchase to Crafts for Paws. 

Cardstock ~


I'm on:

Facebook at Dawn G Designs

Instagram at DawnGDesigns

Pintrest at Dawn G Designs

Here is the Link to the Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group page on Facebook.

Here is the link to the Rubbernecker Stamps Store.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope to catch you on my next post!


Crafty Hugs,

Dawn

Comments