Under the Sea #2 - Rubbernecker Stamps - You're the Only Fish in the Sea for Me - Slimlinecard

Hello Everyone!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!  I hope you get some inspiration and pick up some new techniques.

This month for the Rubbernecker blog the theme is Summer. So I decided to use the Under the Sea #2 Stamp and Die set.

 This card was a lot of fun to design, color and put together and I hope you have just as much fun.   Below you will find detailed instructions.



  • I like to stamp out all of my images at one time.



  • Then stamp out your extra images and sentiment.

  • I'm sorry I forgot to take a picture of the colored images but here are the Copic combinations:
  • Red - B34 R89 R56 R35 V95
  • Yellow - BV31 Y38 Y15 Y02
  • Blue - Y23 B28 B26 B04
  • Orange - B32 R27 YR07 YR04
  • Purple - Y38 V09 V17 V15 RV55
  • After you have colored your images lay your dies over each one.
  • I use Washi tape to hold them in place.
  • So that they are not too sticky I put the tape on the back of my hand one time then I stick it to the dies and paper.



  • Cut a piece of white card stock at 4x9
  • Lay your Wavy Die on top and take your pencil and lightly draw a line under the last wave of the die.


  • This is what your line should look like.
  • This will give you a guide of where to stop with your blue when inking through your stencil

  • Use your blending brush and bush on Sonata Color Fuse ink.
  • Be light handed you can always go over it several times to get the depth of color you want.

  • Now it time to add your second color.
  • Using Sierra blend on some of this darker color lightly. 
  • You don't want to add to much color as it will overtake the light blue.  You just want a little more depth to your water.


  • Now it's time to do the bottom of your sea with the sand.
  • You don't need a stencil for this just blend the Mocha onto the bottom until you get the color you want.

  • Now add your darker color.  I used Caramel Color Fuse.  Don't add too much as you still want to see the light brown.

  • Take your Wavy die and lay it on your inked card stock.  
  • Make sure you leave room for your sand to show.
  • Use your Washi tape to hold the die in place.


  • This is what it will look like when your are done running it through your die cut machine.

  • Play with the placements of your images to see where you want to place them for the final card.
  • I always take a picture so I remember where I had them.
  • I also popped up the images with pop dots.  This gives the card more dimension and interest.


  • Then cut out a mat with colored card stock at 3 1/8 x 8 1/8.
  • Glue your Wavy die cut centered on the colored card stock.
  • Now glue all of your elements onto your matted base.


  • To make your card base you will cut, with 110 lb card stock, on the 8 1/2 side 7 inches.
  • Then you will score on the 7 inch side 3 1/2.
  • This will give you your card base.
  • Glue your color card stock mat with your images onto the card base and your card is done!
  • Make sure you are glueing it on the correct side I can't tell you how many time I glued it on so that it opened incorrectly!






Here is the product list of the Stamps, Dies and Accessories I used to make this card.



Alternate Image Thumb Number 1


Alternate Image Thumb Number 1

110LB Card Stock Neena Solar White

Scrapbook.com - Cardstock - 8.5x11 - Neenah Solar White - Ultra Thick - 50 Pack


Gemini Jr Cutting Machine

I order all of my Copic's and Refills from 


Violeta Ink donates a portion of every purchase to Crafts for Paws. 

Cardstock ~


I'm on:

Facebook at Dawn G Designs

Instagram at DawnGDesigns

Pintrest at Dawn G Designs

Here is the Link to the Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group page on Facebook.

Here is the link to the Rubbernecker Stamps Store.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope to catch you on my next post!


Crafty Hugs,

Dawn

Comments