My First Mixed Media Canvas

Hi Everyone :)

Well if you have been reading my blog you will remember that I said I had bought some Modeling Paste, Gesso and Matte Medium and was going to break out of my box and try some mixed media.  WELL I did and this is what I made!  I'm so excited, pleased and yes surprised that it turned out and wasn't a hot mess!!!




Well what do you think?  The word inspire I cut with my Cricut using the Home Accents cartridge.  The two tags and the butterflies were cut from the Pink Paisley Butterfly Garden 12 x 12 pack that I've been hoarding!  The flowers are Recollection and the lace is from my stash.  I used a stencil from www.TheCraftersWorkshop.com Mini Bricks for the top.  I mixed the modeling paste with some violet paint to get the color.  Should you have any questions please let me know and I will answer them the best I can.

As this is my first steps into mixed media I would appreciate your comments on what you think!  Oh and be nice (hee hee)!

((HUGS))
Dawn

P.S. Thanks to my friend Laurie at Hip and Humble Paperworks for helping me out!  If you want to see some beautiful work you need to check out her blog and tell her I sent you!  Until next time have an AWESOME DAY!

Comments

Post a Comment