Julie Nutting style canvas

Hi Peeps!  :)
 
I bet you thought I was never going to blog again LOL!  My computer crashed before Thanksgiving and we just ordered a new hard drive and monitor a few days ago and I'm waiting for it to arrive so for now I have to use my Father-In-Laws computer!  I cannot wait until mine comes in!!!
 
I've been busy with family and knitting for a craft show I was in that I haven't had any time to play with my canvas's but I sat down Wednesday and Thursday and finished the following:
 
 
This one I was inspired by Julie Nutting's Collage Couture.  I sketched out the doll then put her on book paper and cut her out.  I also sketched out the blouse, skirt, sash, headband and shoes then cut them out of patterned paper.  I used Pink Paisley's 12 x 12 Butterfly Garden paper for the background of the canvas and for her outfit I used Basic Grey's 6x6 Serendipity paper pack.  The butterflies are wood veneer from Studio Calico and I mixed blue, white and green paint together and painted them.  I didn't come up with the quote but I can't remember where I saw it.  This canvas is 11 x 14
 
Ok here is the next one:
 
 
This one I actually put together on my own.  I used Tim Holtz Sizzix die; Alterations Sewing Room and Weathered Clock and Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Splatters.  I used dress pattern tissue paper for the background and material for the dress and some lace I had.  I wrapped yellow and white bakers twine around the spool and threaded the buttons with it.  You can't see it but the twine wraps around.  I guess I'm going to have to outline it.  The quote is not mine but an old saying I heard.  A stitch in time saves nine.  This canvas is 8 x 10
 
Well I hope you liked my new creations!  I will be making more of the Julie Nutting dolls.  They are so much fun to draw and turn into art. 
 
If I don't blog before Wednesday I hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas!!
 
(((HUGS)))
Dawn
 
 

Comments